Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless system?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by da_man99901, Jan 25, 2004.

1. da_man99901

da_man99901

Jan 25, 2004
    I am looking into a bunch of stuff and a wireless doohicky is one of them. I have looked at lots of companies and I haven't been impressed with the specs on any of them and I haven't been impressed with the one I tried. I want to have the really low frequency response that they all seem to lack so my B-string doesn't sound so weak and tinny. Any one else have this problem? Any that you like?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Every wireless I've ever tried has had a detrimental effect on low end tone. The only one that I've heard that doesn't is the X-Wire, which was digital. They aren't made anymore, and while they preserved the low end, the digital-analog conversion process compressed the sound somewhat.

My solution: use a cable.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The Sennheiser 1092 is a very good wireless sytem based off of the design of the X-Wire.

I own one and Im completely happy with the sound. The only thing that bothers me is that the batery dies very quickly. I change it before each gig and Im fine. Oh, it does have a light that give you plenty of warning time before the sound quality degrades BTW.

Peace
    Nick

4. you might also want to check out the db technologies DWS 2400G it's digital aswell and according to the reviews it doesn't cut the low frequencies.