1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless system

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rk Audio, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Rk Audio

Rk Audio

Apr 19, 2016
    Can someone give me their recommendation on a wireless system for bass? My situation is usually a club with no walls between the amp and guitar. I see some 2.4 ghz with rechargeable battery that sound attractive.

2. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I've used the Line 6 G10, G30, and currently use a Shure GLX rack mount system that's been great.

I had and used the Line 6 G30 for years, purchasing it not long after they first came out years ago. In years of use, I only came across one venue where I had interference that I couldn't sort out from switching channels. It was a solid piece of gear otherwise that is still be used by the front man in the band I'm in on his acoustic guitar. I used rechargeable Energizer AA batteries with it without any problems.

The G10 was nice and I really liked that it charged the transmitter so that I didn't have to worry about batteries. It definitely lacked range, but I knew that going in.

I currently use a Shure GLX-D (GLXD4R) now that I've had to go back to a rack setup to protect my equipment while traveling and it's been flawless. I love having the rechargeable battery that I can insert into the receiver to charge and the battery can last much longer than any other system I've ever used. I haven't ran into any interference issues and it sounds great reproducing the bass.

The Line 6 and Shure digital systems are both solid choices in my opinion.

3. lpbfender

lpbfender

Jan 7, 2012
    Stamford CT
    As written above BUT, if your lighting system is using wireless connections you may run into interference with Line 6.

4. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    ^ I had to stop running wireless DMX, cause it was interfering with everything, including my WiFi mixer.