Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless system

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DaRange, Nov 21, 2002.

1. DaRange

DaRange

Mar 12, 2001
    Minneapolis MN.
    I'm looking at getting a wireless system for my bass setup. after extensive research I've narrowed it down to a shure UT14 or a ev cobalt R200 guitar
    system. I've read a lot of good stuff about the shure system on the forums not a word about the
    Electrovoice system, Has any one used one of these
    systems

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If you are looking to stay fairly low priced, (around $300) try a Samson Airline Bass. I've been using one around 6 months and I really like it. No noticable low end loss unlike most other systems. The only problem I have encountered is that its not real sturdy. I've already broken the transmitter batter cover (which is now duck tape), and the reciever battery cover.

3. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Audio Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz (±3.5 dB) on the Samson. Not bad... certainly better than the 100Hz rolloff point which most wireless units seem to have.

I personally like my X-Wire. :D

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    beermonkey, if I could #1, find an x-wire, and #2, afford it, I'd be all over one. The Airline bass is a nice compromise, but certainly not an x-wire.