wireless systems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jjtsucka, Sep 1, 2004.

1. jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    well im officially in the market for a wireless any suggestions i'd like something durable thats gonna give me about 50ft or so of range without pooping out on me but it really needs to be able to take some abuse like me 200pds falling on it now and then, i say this cause im in a hardcore band and if i get one i have every intention of interacting with the crowd oh and i'd like to keep it less than $150
  2. jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    anyone? i just want to know what wireless is good for low b and thats not gonna let me down at a show. recomendations please :help:
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sorry, wireless is not an effect. Moved.
  4. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    im going to get the nady urr10 today, i've heard some okay things about it, heard its not horrible but im in a hardcore/screamo type group and i love jumping around and involving myself much with this crowd. it should be here next tuesday since im ordering it today, i got a gig friday and saturday of next week so i'll let you know how it works out.
    if you need one immediately.... get the nady urr10 or the samson stage 55 or samson VHFTD...those are all 149.99 or less.
  5. jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    thanks matt be sure to let me know how it works out, good luck with the show
  6. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    check out the knew smason airline made for bass
  7. Sennheiser EW100 G2. It's a great wireless at a not incredibly expensive price. I started with a Samson Airline. It worked okay. Range is not great, lost obvious low end signal, and made these consistent snap, crackle, and pops. A thing to remember also, is the Samson has only one channel. Higher end (like the Sennheiser) have multiple channels to choose from, and a circuit that finds the strongest signal and sets itself. It's a pro unit. Rackmountable too. :D

The Airline? It's a beginners wireless, no doubt. I initially paid about $300 for mine a few years ago. Dunno what they go for now, but you can get the Sennheiser for around $500. WELL worth the extra money, IMHO. Plus, the Sennheiser stuff is all metal construction. Even the transmitter is steel (except the battery cover). Find THAT on a Samson!

I've found it's better to spend more the first time around. Saves you money in the long term. But, again, the Samson is a good beginners unit.
  8. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002

I have this and it handles the low B pretty much just as well as a regular chord and goes much farther than 50 ft. THe only downside is the batteries die after each show. So you'll need a new battery each show. But the sound clarity and distance is remarkable, and the price isn't all that bad.
  9. jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The best as far as Im concerned is the Sennheiser 1092 which goes for much less than $500.

$275 is Guitar Center's advertised price and if you know someone there Im sure they'll cut you a deal for less.

I own one and its works great. No low end loss, no compression, no dropout, no crackles. It works off a pure digital signal instead of a companded analog signal like most others and it has 4 channels and 4 independant recievers as part of its diversity system which means that if one signal drops out it has 3 others to switch to for a better signal.

It also functions in the UHF range which means less interference.
  11. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    Let's just say, Nady stands for crap. Only cheap wireless systems are good for is guitarist, as for bass....no tone. Low end was horrible, no drop outs, but i'd rather have dropouts than a nasty ass tone. Very punchy. I just exchanged it back, put down $150 more and just got the Samson Airline Wireless for BASS. that should be in friday or saturday so i'll post my review.