Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless systems?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bottomdweller70, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Not real sure where to post this, so I'll start here.

What are some good names for a wireless system?

Thanks!

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sennheiser and AKG would be my first choices (I own an AKG Wireless "bug" system). The new Samson Airline 77 looks interesting, too.

I'm not a fan of Shure or Nady.

3. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    I own a Samson Airline unit. It works great, and you don't have to mount it in the rack (it's like a pedal in the sense it's packaged like one). What's really cool is you don't have to put the transmitter on your belt. The Airline uses a jack attached to the transmitter, so you just plug it into the jack on the bass, turn it on, and have at it. No wires going to a thing on your belt, so if that's an issue with you, the Airline's a good alternative. It also has a 15 dB pad built into the transmitter, which is a useful feature for me since I switch between active and passive basses a lot.

Alan

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Taking a quick gander at all the stickies. You'll notice one about this topic, and the fact that they're not effects, therefore will be moved to misc.

On that note, I've had mixed results with Nady, but the most recent were quite impressive, but Sennheiser has always taken my cake.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I use Samsons and always have for two reasons...they sound just like when I plug in a cord, and they're cheap and reliable. I still have a cheap Samson VHF true diversity wireless I bought in the 80's and I use it regularly, and it sounds just as good as the $300 Synth 32 with switchable UHF frequencies that I bought last year.

Sennheisers, while sounding great and being very well-made, are also much more expensive. I see no reason to spend $500 on one when a comparable Samson is $200 less and sounds just as good.

Nady is junk. I have never used a Nady that didn't squash the signal like a cheap stombox compressor.

The other ones out there I have no experience with. But since I'm quite happy with Samson, I really don't think I need to do any more shopping around.