Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless Trouble

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassplayer#7, Sep 11, 2004.

1. bassplayer#7

bassplayer#7

Jun 10, 2004
    I just bought a Samson Airline and I'm having truoble with it. I'm getting alot of buzzing and crackling when I play the low notes. Is it my bass I play a G&L custom 2500 5-string. I'm going back to the store tommorow to return it unless anyone has any info for me. Please let me know if a different system will work.

2. I use a Samson Airline Vocal and really like it. I've thought of getting one for my bass as well, but just haven't done so yet. Anyway, a weak battery in my mic transmitter will cause crackling and popping sounds. Even if your battery is new, it might not be good. Check the battery before returning.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The pick ups on a G&L L2500 bass are very hot. My clip light on my Sure wireless flashes all the time when I play mine, but no distortion. Maybe your wireless is having problems with those hot pickups. Try turning your bass volume knob down to about 3/4 and turning up the volume on your amp to make up the difference. See if that stops the crackling popping sounds. If not take it back.