1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wireless Unit on the FCC banned frequency: International?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bobbybass85, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Hey Everyone,

I've got an older AKG wireless system that has sat in it's box for a while now since it's on the blacklisted frequency list that we can no longer use.

Does anyone know if these are any good for international (non-U.S.) users?

Any input is much appreciated!

Thanks,

2. FWIW the unit is the AKG WMS80 with the instrument pack (not a mic)

3. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Should be fine overseas. I don't believe it is legal to sell them, though. We had many systems affected where I work and we ended up having to "donate" them to our international workers overseas.

The ban is only in the US by the FCC.

4. You can sell it, but only overseas. It is illegal to sell or even repair a wireless unit in the US that is within the restricted frequencies.

5. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Sounds like it would be a good candidate for eBay - International sales only.

6. That's what I was thinking, I just need to get rid of the thing. So as long as the listing is international only - it should be OK to sell? Is this against TB policies to post an international only sales thread?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input

7. You can "donate" it to me! :bag:

8. bloobass

bloobass

Jul 10, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    I had a unit with the "banned" frequencies...I just so happened to have been working with a Dutch guy getting ready to go back to his homeland...he bought my unit for what I paid for it!! Bllind A$$ Luck wins again!