Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless VHF or UHF

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JWS, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Hi you all out there.

I like to buy an wirless system. Now my question is: Is it worth to buy a much more expensive UHF system or would a cheap VHF system do it as well.

I play on stages with a maximum distance of 10 metres from amp to Bassplayer.

2. UHF sounds better on low frequencies and has less trouble with external sources

3. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    hey there
    ive been using a Nady 201 vhf true diversity wireless for the last 10 years , i havent had one problem with it , clear sound with no taxis coming through , also i seem to get more volume out of my bass ? , also its great for gigs with dodgy power supplies , i have a horn in my cabinet and it picks up any buzzing with a lead , with the wireless its clear as . some people probably think im a tosser using a wireless when im standing right next to my rig but i dont care caus ive got a narly sound . Its quite hard on batteries though , the energizers only seem to last about 6 or 8 sets , duracells are totally useless , the best batteries ive found are Toshiba alkalines , they are 1/2 the price of energizers and last 2 nights ! . i hope this helps , good luck :cool:

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've been using the cheap MusicYo VHF rig for a few months now with great results. Then again, I'm playing in a suburban basement - if I were in the City I may have interference problems. Still, for $100, it was a good deal. When it breaks I'll go UHF.