1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wireless

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Does anyone use a wireless system?

If so does anyone have a system they recomend.

2. The best wireless for bass is the now discontinued digital X-WIRE. I bought one when they first came out for $800. Next best thing to a cord.
    Sennheiser bought them out and uses the X-Wire technology in their UHF digital unit.
    No external antenna, it has 4 internal ones.

The X-Wire was highest rated by Bass Player Magazine. The Sennheiser model was highly rated in Guitar World magazine.

3. I use a Samson Synth 32 UHF Wireless.

It was $399 and rocks.

I have never had a problem with it's reception and if I ever do it has 32 user selectable frequencys. Which is a big plus if you're playing different clubs all the time.

4. Samson VHF VR3TD , costs about $ 200.. works fine for me.. no static, can do large distance ( tried it up to 50m, with solid concrete walls in between )

it has 2 antenna's, and automaticly selects the antenna with the strongest signal.
    And.. a big PLUS for me... it has both balanced ( XLT ? ) and unbalanced ( Jack ) output's.

5. I was thinking of going wireless too, but don't you lose the lows? I thought you would get that "clicking" noise as the lower frequencies clip...

6. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I use the Shure unit, I forget which one as the thing is in my rack at the rehearsal space, but it's the next to top of the line. I don't seem to have any loss of tone, but the only thing I find is a problem is that the receiver is easier to overdrive than my amp. So if I really dig in I get distortion directly from the wireless unit. I deal with it by potting down the bass and turning up the amp.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    i want a wireless... i hear xwire is the only way to go

DM