Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by masaru, Sep 12, 2001.

1. masaru

masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    I'm thinking of switching from my Samson Stage IV
    to the Sennheiser 1000 digital. Anyone have experience with the Sennheiser? Will there be much difference?

2. It has been generally accepted that the best 'most transparent' wireless was the X-Wire. Top rated over all others by Guitar World, Bass Player, and every other critical analysis on the planet. X-Wire sold their unique digital UHF wireless techology to Sennhieser. Analog systems use a type of compression using a compander circuit. Because the Sennheiser is a Digital 'Quadiversity' system is digital, crosstalk and interference is eliminated.
    My experience has been with the X-Wire, which is the best wireless ever IMHO. The Sennhieser 100 is supposed to be the same thing, but in a different package.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I think the X-Wire had 20 bit A/D D/A converters but the Sennheiser only has 16 bit A/D D/A converters.

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I use a Shure UC wireless, it is great! I don't know the specs, but I prefer it to a cord....