Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by afi_rules, Mar 11, 2002.

1. afi_rules

afi_rules

Oct 6, 2001
    Herrin, IL
    anybody have an suggestions for a wireless? thats cheap very cheap but not dirt cheap, something good quality too.

2. Time to make another move. I'm putting this one over to effects.

3. kasuals

kasuals

Jul 20, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Well, my lead guitarist just purchased a wireless setup. He found one at guitar center for about $150.00 and tested it out there with his setup and his guitar and really liked it.

We got on stage, and it picked up alot of interference. It turned out ok, because he just cranked up his highs and mids, because the inteference was a deep muddy low.

Still, it was our first experience with a wireless rig, and I'm certain that if I ever go to purchase one, I'll be saving up quite a bit of money and buy something solid to make sure I can account for my tone.

Something cheap will probably work fine for practice or something, but the batteries are gonna cost ya ;)

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I just picked up one of the $100 Electar rigs, and I'll report back after I play with it a bit. I haven't even unwrapped it yet...

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    As promised...

The Electar seems to be a pretty decent deal for $100. We haven't noticed any appreciable tone loss/differences for my basses or my guitarist's LP and Strat. Admittedly, we just jam in his basement, but he lives next to a high tension power line (345kV, as I recall) that can wipe out FM broadcast reception on occasion. It works fine...

My initial verdict is that this would make a good first or budget wireless rig. No, it's not a multichannel UHF marvel, but it's only $100!