1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring A Custom Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by EZ9R, Apr 10, 2010.

1. EZ9R

EZ9R

Oct 28, 2008
    Will this work for a jazz bass. Bypass all volume controls. Go straight to jack. But, only us a mini on-on-on switch. 1 position would be bridge pu, 2nd position be both pups and 3rd position would be off.

I had an Alembic spoiler with a 4 way pickup selector. The 4th position was off.

2. That's really easy to do.

Are you going for a bighter/hotter tone, or just the simplicity of not having any controls?

You might want to consider adding some fixed resistors to simulate having the volumes/tone on full.

3. EZ9R

EZ9R

Oct 28, 2008
    Basically Yes.... I want to get the purist tone I can get out of my pickups and just by-passing the vol. and tone controls. I play on the bridge pickup 95% of the time and use both pickups when I slap. That's why I was thinking of a 3 way switch.
    How would you ad a fixed resistor to simulate having the vol/tone on full? Do you have a schematic sheet on how to do this?

4. This was a diagram I did for a P bass, but for a Jazz/bass with two volumes, you would use a 130K (Or whatever you can find that is closest to 125K.) resistor in place of the 250K resistor at the top of the diagram.
    3396717485_cba593dc91_o.