1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

wiring a p/j with one pot, need answers and diagram.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gibsonbass76, Apr 15, 2009.

1. gibsonbass76

gibsonbass76

Aug 17, 2007
    I have a fender jp90 that I would like to rewire with one CTS 500K/250K DUAL CONCENTRIC STACK POT, and a pickup selector switch, how would I wire this? Anyone now where I can find a wiring diagram for this?

2. I can draw you a diagram if you want it.
    I assume that this is a volume/tone setup?
    Can you be more specific?

3. gibsonbass76

gibsonbass76

Aug 17, 2007
    Awesome, I just want the top of the two to be volume, and the bottom to be tone, an input jack and thats it.

4. In that case, take the standard Telecaster wiring:
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=standard_tele

Think of the volume and tone controls as being stacked on top of each other. Wire the pot closest to the shaft the same way that the volume control is wired in the diagram, and wire the pot furthest from the shaft the same way as the tone control in the diagram.

5. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I'd personally just go with stacked volume/volume. No tone, No selector.

I've found that the best approach for my PJ is to consider it a P and just dial in shades of J when needed.

6. gibsonbass76

gibsonbass76

Aug 17, 2007
    Thanks for the info!