1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring a Squier VM Jaguar bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shababy32, Jan 9, 2018.

1. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Hello out there. I need some help. I'm overhauling a Squier VM jag. Ive repainted it, gutted it, got my pickups in, so now i'm in unchartered territory. Like repainting the damn thing i wasnt in over my head already! I would like to have 2 volumes, tone, and a knob to pan from neck to bridge pickup. A. Can this be done and is it worth it? B. Anybody ever done this mod before. C. What all would i need to have to do this? Please, any help would greatly be appreciated!

2. Go with two volumes & skip the pan/balance pot. Two volumes is more versatile.

Get some 22 AWG wire in various colors,
    if you use 500K Ohm pots you'll have a little extra brightness & output & if you need it to sound like it has 250K Ohm pots you just roll them back a little
    I'd recommend linear taper for volume & audio taper for the treble cut (tone) pot.

The capacitor you took out of it will probably be fine to put back in.

tlite and Slater like this.
  3. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    There are diagrams somewhere for doing that, keep searching..
    What pups are in it?
    2 j pickups? let us know how it turns out! p