1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring a willpower and jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Beardsley, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Beardsley

Beardsley

Sep 5, 2016
    So I'm looking to hook up a DiMarzio willpower in my standard jazz bass. As of now I still have the stock bridge jazz pu, which I know will likely cause some level and hum issues, but since I mainly favor neck pu any way, it will make due for a bit when I can get a new bridge pu.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire this thing. I'm sticking with the standard v/v/t. The instructions that came with the willpower only tell me to solder the 4 wires together to essentially create 2 conductors but doesn't tell me where to hook them up. I'd like to leave it wired in parallel for now and maybe in the future add a push/pull for series/parallel switching.

Could anyone chime in with some wiring instructions? Thanks

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    For Dimarzio, connect the black and white wires together. Then, the red is hot, and the green is ground.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Just re-read the OP. For parallel wiring, connect the black and green together and these are ground. Connect the red and white together, and these are hot. And, if it’s not obvious, the bare wire also goes to ground.