1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Big Singles in a Dingwall

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Payson is looking into this for me also and I wanted to throw this out as well. The pic here is the rotary pickup selector switch showing the Dingwall FD3 leads -Red-Black-Clear. I will probably splice the Nordstrands Black-White-Gray to these instead of the little PC board on the back of the switch.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rockbobmel

I've been at it for hours........... I can't get the Big Singles to work- at all!

3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Passive Nordy: white=hot, black,gray=ground

Active Nordy: white=hot, gray=ground, black=preamp common

I would bet white, black, gray = red, black, clear

4. Rockbobmel

Screw it. I HATE SOLDERING,I HATE SOLDERING,I HATE SOLDERING,I HATE SOLDERING,I HATE SOLDERING!!!

I'm done. I want to throw the stupid Dingwall bass out the 3rd story window. I mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Rockbobmel

I took the stupid rotary switch out and still get some screwing AM country radio station.

6. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Don't throw it out the window. Send it to me. Seriously, you sound like you need some help from a tech. If you are picking up AM radio, you might have a grounding/shielding problem.

7. Country music???

You bought the wrong bass! :p

Take your bass to a tech

8. Rockbobmel

Sorry, I forgot to reply again. I pulled the selector switch, studied the wiring and got them in. I have an OBP-3 with a mid pot installed and these sound FANTASTIC!!!!

9. Rockbobmel

Resurrected ---- I forgot to ask, Payson, Do you think the reversed angle poles make a difference (opposed to non-reversed) My strings are about 7/32 above the poles. Thanks