1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring connections inside a LittleMark II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chiplexic, Aug 13, 2007.

1. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I thought at one time someone mentioned the LittleMark II wiring was attached to internal components with Crimp-On connectors a.k.a. Spade Connectors, as opposed to soldering. Is this true? If so does it concern anyone?

2. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    So far (no).

(knock on wood) - Every time I turn on my 121P or Little Mark II, she always fires up and sounds great all night. They never even get warm.

3. I had my LMII on for about 6hrs. straight on a gig this last weekend, and actually played through it for about 4 of those hours, and I was pushing it pretty hard and it barely heated up, this thing keeps amazing me and everyone that hears it!!!!

4. No I aint. Some here must've tho....as they've talked re pre/post mods w/ the FX loop etc.
    poss. check the Makbass megathread......

5. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    I hope this is not true. I may be buying a LMK II tomorow... :meh:

6. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Well could someone spin out a few screws,pop off the cover and let us know if this is even the case (spade connectors).

I don't believe any one has reported any problem. I think there would have been a post about it here by know . But if this is the method used for connections is it a perfectly fine method or is it a little unothodox and maybe a future concern??

constant heating, cooling, loosening of the connection points, oxidation, leading to bad connections in future??

7. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    I've taken my cover off a few times to change the pre/post-di and the effects loop to serial and back to parallel. It is a very clean looking place to be.

8. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    But what is the answer to posting #1 or #6

9. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    I don't know. Lemme go and check it out. Be right back with piccies....

Attached Files:

10. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    There are various connectors used for various reasons. I am comfortable with them. My brand new car uses the same connectors, and I have to trust my life to it, so I don't worry about it.

11. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for the pictures Tim. Your true to your Avatar slogin.

I know GC gives you a 2 year warranty with this amp. During this period do they give you a new amp and take your broken one or do they use their own techs (yikes)to trouble shoot and fix it.

How do you get service/repairs done on a Markbass amp after the warranty runs out. If GC are "the" people we have to deal with for Markbass products in the US then our fate is in their hands.

I don't imagine anyone wants to ship it to Italy for service. Seriously though, what can I expect the answer to these questions to be during and after the 2 year warranty with GC. I read posts stating they (GC) couldn't even get their act together in ordering rack ears for a LMII owner.

I guess I just expect to keep my amps too long.

12. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    Thanks for the reply Enchanter Tim...

It looks very well built just by looking at the pics. :bassist: