1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring Diagram - Am I getting this right?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by newbold, Jan 27, 2012.

1. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
  2. Here's a diagram for what you want. Just skip the killswitch.
    3804471720_11da046374_o.

FWIW, it will work, but not well. Are you aware of the tone control interaction that you will have to deal with, when wiring for multiple tone pots?

3. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I am.

When asking and looking around about the wiring with the 220k resistors, I was led to believe that even the original design didn't isolate them very well and the difference in tone isn't anything more than turning my tone down a notch or 3.

So I'll start off with a series/parallel mod and if I need the isolation option I'll look into a 3 way switch with the resistors in the future.

I probably should have just went all-out and bought 2 resistors and a different switch but playing a new stacked knob fender in store got me great results and I can just start there.

It was partly a case of me knowing that I don't need every option possible and partly a case of the shipping charges at guitarpartsresource.com making a future mod worthwhile.

when I added the last item, the shipping charges more than doubled $15 -> $35

Heck, if it's just a switch and a couple of resistors I can get those locally. I had to buy a new nut and figured 'd start my control plate project finally