1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Diagram confusion, Help....Guitar Content.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by santucci218, Apr 24, 2010.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    OK ok ok, so if any of you read the other one, Im waiting on my killswitch. I just got my 5 way, so I figured I would wire everything I had so far up.

Now, my only problem is, every wiring diagram I find for an Ibanez RG550 has 2 wires coming from the middle pickup. One hot, and one ground. They dont mention anything about this random third wire! So the ground is just the bare wire itself, i get that. And the hot is the red wire...

So what is the white wire in my middle pickup? And where does she go!?

Picture of wiring diagram...

H-S-HWiring.

So whats up?

2. This is a single coil pickup, correct?

If so, it's likely a ground wire.

The bare wire is the shielding, and the red and white wires are the + and - of the coil.

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    it is a single coil!

if i had a nickle for every time you pulled me out of a tight spot, I'd have a **** load of nickles.

4. No, you're going to start paying me the nickels...
    Well, what are you waiting for? Pay up!

:bag::bag:

5. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    i agree, its ground. shielding is bare.

6. blubolt

blubolt

May 18, 2005
    Turlock, CA
    the Guitarist can't get decent help from the other guitarists so he come skulking around the bass forum for help. Slumming it today are we? j/k! ;)

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    dude, this forum is more helpful on any subject music than any other forum out there, hands down. Seriously, love it.

8. You've been a member for three years, and you're just now realizing the awesomeness of the forum?:hyper:

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    aha, the first 2 years i hung out in the offtopic forum only!