1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Diagram for a PJ Series Parallel push/pull mod.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DTbassCleff, Apr 25, 2020.

1. DTbassCleff

DTbassCleff

Jul 1, 2019
    Maryland
    I’m wiring up Aguilar PJ pickups and I used a Jazz Bass series Parallel diagram and I have zero volume coming from the neck pickups. The Jazz pickup is working great though. Does anyone have a diagram for this?

2. DTbassCleff

DTbassCleff

Jul 1, 2019
    Maryland
  3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Assuming this is the proper diagram for those pickups (and I know you're doing VVT, not blend, but this is what I found):
    Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.18.17 AM.png
    There is likely a wire that is just grounding the pickup casing or poles or whatever. That can go to a ground.
    If you follow that Duncan diagram, the S/P should work. It's kind of odd that Aguilar uses the black as + and white as - in one pickup, then reversed in the other, but hey... different strokes!

If the + from the bridge is connecting to the S/P switch and the - of the neck is also on the switch, you should be good.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020