Wiring Diagram for Acoustic Image Claris 300AI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jtrom, Apr 9, 2023.

1. jtrom

jtrom

Nov 22, 2008
    Kelowna BC
    70277346498__25EFBD1B-DD6B-4041-9B94-F4ABB8ABF1B1.jpeg I’m wanting to troubleshoot an amp before I have a tech take a look. I live in a smaller out that doesn’t have many amp techs (like two that I know of). My friend has an electronics diploma and was thinking he could take a look.

Anyway, fully knowing the dangers and issues of solid state class d amplifiers, does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram? Terrible hiss coming from my amp.

Yes I’ve reached out to Rick at AI but don’t want to pay $100 USD + shopping both ways.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    This is going to be tough. Even a good tech will struggle to diagnose a Class-D amp, even with the diagram in hand.

The charge to get it repaired seems pretty reasonable.

agedhorse likes this.
  3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    I was thinking the same thing.

I would also want to get the safety ground termination repaired.

fdeck likes this.
  4. jtrom

jtrom

Nov 22, 2008
    Kelowna BC
    Ya $150 USD for a repair seems steep - I would list for probably $400 - $200 for repairs…

Because I’m waning to sell I’ll get it done right I’ll call around a bit more or wait until I’m in Vancouver next.

5. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Why does $100 plus shipping seem steep to you? That seems pretty reasonable to me, even if shipping ends up being $25 each way.

That's quite a bit cheaper than re-tubing a simple tube amp like a Bassman 135.

6. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    If they charge a flat rate of $100 for repairs, I suggest taking them up on it. Many shops charge more than $100 just to take a look.

Also, if you or your buddy bodge the amp further, AI probably will not want to deal with it.

agedhorse likes this.
  7. jtrom

jtrom

Nov 22, 2008
    Kelowna BC
    Ya I’ll likely send it over… I think I’m sore cause last time he did it for free and I just paid shipping. I’m a cheap-o and that often bites me in the bum bum.

I know I shouldn’t muck about with this though. Do it right the first time and shake off the shackles of my proliferating Protestant work ethic.

agedhorse likes this.
  8. jtrom

jtrom

Nov 22, 2008
    Kelowna BC
    Bump…

been some discussion about the release of diagrams? I can’t find this version though.

9. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    You don’t realize yet how good of a deal a $100 repair is?

10. There looks to be a jumper from the pre-amp to the power-amp. Maybe try to Unplug it at the power-amp side to see if the hiss is from the pre-amp.

jtrom likes this.
  11. jtrom

jtrom

Nov 22, 2008
    Kelowna BC
    Are they still accepting repairs?

I was reading more recent threads about AI products being sent to Fauchs Audio…

they had to reach out to AI for schematics for the repair.

12. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Don't know if they or a designated agent is still servicing the products. Did you miss out on their earlier offer because $100 was too expensive?

13. jtrom

jtrom

Nov 22, 2008
    Kelowna BC
    I definitely missed out. Not because it was too expensive - after looking around it’s a great price. I’m prioritizing other purchases and I t’s not my main amp… I haven’t played it for years.