wiring diagram for mighty mite single conductor humbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sonnee, Jun 9, 2005.

1. sonnee

Jan 8, 2005
    how do i wire one single-conductor humbucker with one tone and one volume? anybody have a diagram?

im a complete bass/woodworking/electronic newbie and i just bought the humbucker off ebay for the price, since im making my first bass.

i knew the wiring bit would be tricky, so i went with something simple (one humbucker, one tone, one volume). but now it doesnt seem simple anymore, since the humbucker didnt come with a wiring diagram, and the diagram on the mighty mite website is for a pup with more wires than what i have. so im stuck right now, and i want to get unstuck so that i can finish this bass with my gr.4 students before the last day of school (june 29)

ive got a single white-enclosed wire that seems to split into two parts at the end. one part has a cotton tube around it. im guessing one of these wires is for ground, and one is for the pots. i dont know which is which.

i dont see any other colour of wire like red or green or black, so i figure (after hours of looking) that i must have a single-conductor pup.

what goes where? which part of my wire is the ground, and which is the hot?
    ** where do i attach the ground?**
    can i follow the diagram on the following url, and just ignore the bits about red/white/green wires, and this being a guitar pup instead of a bass pup?

im very confused, and very appreciative of your help.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

I was just in the MM site the other day just scanning for whatever. Anyway, seems they had pics and you should be able to identify exactly which pup it is. Didn't seem to be many from what I recall - although they've made pups from practically day 1.

I'm guessing you've got a new pup and you're single lead is actually a jacket with the actual leads inclosed. So nobody has stripped the jacket back since you're the first. You have to strip a couple inches off the jacket back to expose the inner wires - which is probably either 2 or 4 leads, maybe with a bare ground. Never had an MM so don't know off hand.

Just make sure you strip only the jacket back and not cover's on the internal leads.