1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Diagram G&L MFD Split coil Pickups??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by L. L. Elwood, Jun 12, 2012.

1. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Hi all,

Just got a new split coil Pickup from G&L (the one that comes in the SB 1 and SB 2 bass.. Basically, their P bass pickup... Anyhow,

No wiring diagram with it! One of the pickups has Black Green and yellow wires, one has Black and white.

Can anyone give me a heads up on standard p bass type wiring for this pickup into my p bass?

Thanks so much!

2. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Does this help?

sb1_wiring_diagram_new_model.

This'd imply yellow is the signal wire (going to vol pot), green and white are soldered together, and black wires go to ground.

cornfarmer likes this.
  3. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Got it wired up like this and sounds kind of muffled? Is this Parallel or series wiring?

Thanks!

4. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    It's in series, because the green and white are tied together so the current (generated by the pickups) flows through one pickup and then through the other.

If it's muffled, it sounds like something isn't right with the tone pot - as if it were permanently fully on.

5. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    Old thread, I know, but did you ever get the "muffled" issue resolved?
    I'm getting ready to install a SB-1 Pickup in one of my P-Basses and was gonna utilize this diagram, if it is proper. Thanks.

rojo412 likes this.