1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Diagram help - Please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buzzbass, Sep 5, 2008.

1. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Wiring for an SVT4-pro, running in bridge mono. I have a nuetrik (speakon) to 1/4" cable and I'm trying to figure out if it's wried correctly. I bought a pre-wired on from HOSA, if that's any help. I could also get a nuetrik to nuetrik cable, if need be. I'm using a Schroeder cab, so it has both types of connectors on back.

2. According to the manual, you need a typical bridge cable, which is odd because there's a third Speakon just for bridge.

Open up your Speakon, attach the wire from the 1/4" tip to 1+, and the wire from the sleeve to 2+.

3. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Am I correct in assuming that if it's loud and undistorted, that it's wired correctly. Thanks for your input.

4. No. A Speakon wired normally ( 1+, 1-) would just run on channel A.

Just unscrew it and look inside. You'll need good eyes, and good light. The markings are a PITA to see.

The terminals are in a square. If the wires go to adjacent, corners on one side of the square, then you have a normal configuration. If the wires are diagonally opposite, kitty cornered if you will, then you have a bridge set up.

Most Speakons require only a screwdriver. So, if need be just move the wires.

5. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    so to confirm, diagonally opposed is what I want here ?

6. Yes, tip to +1, sleeve to 2+.

Be sure to mark the cable, in some very obvious way, so it won't get mixed up with regular cables, even in the dark when you're hurried, and drunk.

PS Ampeg are farking r-tards for wiring their connectors this way. If it was my amp, and it was out of warranty, I'd open it up, and wire it properly. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is the point of having a bridge specific connector, if it requires a bridge specific cable?

7. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I'm going to check it tonight. I used it last night and it sounded fine. So I'm thinking I'm ok. It wouldn't work of not, correct ?

8. Please re-read post #4 in this thread.

9. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    It's labeled this way
    Speakon +1/+2 to 1/4" T/S

They look to be diagonal, as well. So it looks like I'm good. I thought so, the thing was loud as f#$k at the gig last night. Thanks for helping out.