Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wiring diagram help....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Jan 11, 2004.

1. This is a diag I've been formulating for a friend's guitar...He's putting EMG HBs in it and wants to do simple(he says "It's not that hard!) Series parallel wiring....no phasing...So here's how it SHOULD go.

Master Volume, individual tones(Concentric pot preferred), Balance, Series parallel for individual pickups, series parallel for BOTH pickups, master on off switch.

Check this, and see if you think it's right, I don't wanna cut into his guitar's wiring without knowing that my diag is right.

2. There it is, the on off switch near the Jack is capable of being single line of 3 or a DPDT..I put it as a DPDT so it could be put in one of the pots(Push/Pull) if he decides to use two tone pots...

3. Bumperooni...Can someone help me?

4. EMG HZ, Passive humbuckers....I just now looked at that file, that's the wiring diag I put together for the Pendragon I just traded) Change the Blend to a 3 way switch...The Tone pots he's using are TBX's, but they're wired the same way...

5. Lol, As little as I know about just looking at a wiring diagrams and telling you what they do(I'm learning) I knew that an active pickup couldn't be ran back into itself...Does it look right to you?