Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wiring diagram needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    HEY GUYS, im in need of a wiring diagram for a squier p- bass somethign is worng wiht the volume. Like its at the biggest setting wotn go down or up and imm in need of the diagram, it woudl like maybe 70-80 dollars to fix nad i dont have that money so if you guys could post a diagram or a link or something id really apreciate it. Thank you all in advance.

im not sure if this thread is in the right place though. If it isnt supposed to be here sorry mr moderator.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Looks like you need a new pot. My old samick's tone knob was the same way. It is always the same unless you go all the way down. I forget what kind of pot you'll need, someone's bound to know.

3. try this

http://www.squierguitars.com/pdf/diagrams/SquierPBass0310400.pdf

4. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    how much would pots cost?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    T_T, pots range anywhere from $2-10 if it's just a basic potentiometer. Blend pots, push/pull pots and other varieties add even more to this. But it's a cheap and often very useful upgrade to a bass.

6. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    oo how much do u think it will cost to install?

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you do it, nothing but solder and wire. If you pay a tech, it can vary from $10-40 from what I've seen.

How about fillin out your profile too?

8. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    dammm, i think a wire is disconnected somehow, shuold i just open it uup and do it my self?
    connect it by tape?

9. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Use solder.

Elefctrical tape doesn't hold, or at least for me.

10. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    but it would work
    i just need it to hold for a while for just during the showing of the buy and then a bit after. Because im selling my squier along wiht amp and bag for 300!!! =)

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So you want the bass to break after it's sold, then the new owner is stuck footing the bill for a repair that you knew about?

Not good dude. Bass playing is a brotherhood, we take care of each other, not screw 'em over.

12. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    lol im already screweing him over by selling it together for 300, well not really but imnot spending 90 dollars going to a shop repairing it when the bass its self is worth that mcuh and besides he doenst need the volume to be soft. but it shouldnt be that hard fixing it my self should it?

well does anyone have a diagram?

13. wow man not cool at all

what goes around comes around

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Dude, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking you can do this to him. If he's willing to pay the price, you're not blatantly screwing him over. To me, that's business, but selling something as working without disclosing that it has been taped together and will fall apart is just cheating someone, is completely immoral to me. You just earned a spot on my ignore list.

15. and good luck trying to sell anything on here now

16. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    why would i trt to sell it on here.hahahah

al i asked for are diagams not a flaming

17. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    yep totally agree, thats a definition of an idiot.

18. dude i didnt say sell it on here i said ANYTHING say a month or two from here you want to try out some pedals or somthing, well im sure as heck not going to deal with you and im sure most people wouldnt either

19. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    GREAT! :)

haha this is just like my first post. 2 for 2 guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.