1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wiring / Flush Mount Jack

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dremy2006, Dec 23, 2011.

1. I need wiring schematics or someone to let me know, what is what.. when wiring a flush mount jack.. this will be my 1st.. it has 3 "tips" the long one is on the outside ring ...medium and short one are in the middle.. Im wiring passive... one vol, one tone and a three way switch.. MM pickup... the flush jack is my prob.. thanks .. and Merry Christmas

2011-12-23_15-42-20_33-1.

2011-12-23_15-41-56_873.

2. Typically, the shortest terminal is the tip, then the medium-length terminal is the ring, and the longest terminal is the sleeve.

3. :crying: sry.. what does that mean?/? i need the wording to be like.. "this one is hot.. this one is neutral..exc...." thanks 6

4. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    Tip = hot..........the shortest lug
    sleeve = ground.........the longest lug
    If you are going passive, that is all you need

5. bigalbass

bigalbass

Dec 12, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    From your pics: the lug with the U bend is ground. The short one is probably hot. The hot tip is not written in stone and varies from manufacturer.