1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring for EMG-SEP or EMG-SEPJ

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by David Harrell, Mar 21, 2005.

1. I was over at my folks place digging through my old closet and found a set of these passive emg pickups. The P's are in great shape, the J pup only has about 1/2 an inch of cable out of it.

It just so happens my folks found an old Squire neck and body in another closet while doing some spring cleaning, so if I can get at least this P pup wired up I'll have a decent little P-Bass to play around with. Problem is, I can't find any wiring diagrams for the pickups. I can find plenty of standard wiring diagrams, but these have a "shielded" white wire (like a coaxial cable) and a black (ground?) coming from them. Emg doesn't have wiring diagrams on their site that I can find for these pups, and I can't find anything similar here via searching, or on the net.

Anybody have any ideas on wiring these guys?

Here's EMG's page on them http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=20&catalogid=156

2. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    contact there support. they usually get back to you in 24 hours.

3. Well, according to their support guys the braided part is a ground as well. Now I'm somewhat embarrassed that I even brought it up!!! :)