Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wiring for EMG-SEP or EMG-SEPJ

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by David Harrell, Mar 21, 2005.

1. I was over at my folks place digging through my old closet and found a set of these passive emg pickups. The P's are in great shape, the J pup only has about 1/2 an inch of cable out of it.

It just so happens my folks found an old Squire neck and body in another closet while doing some spring cleaning, so if I can get at least this P pup wired up I'll have a decent little P-Bass to play around with. Problem is, I can't find any wiring diagrams for the pickups. I can find plenty of standard wiring diagrams, but these have a "shielded" white wire (like a coaxial cable) and a black (ground?) coming from them. Emg doesn't have wiring diagrams on their site that I can find for these pups, and I can't find anything similar here via searching, or on the net.

Anybody have any ideas on wiring these guys?

Here's EMG's page on them http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=20&catalogid=156

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    contact there support. they usually get back to you in 24 hours.

3. Well, according to their support guys the braided part is a ground as well. Now I'm somewhat embarrassed that I even brought it up!!! :)