1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring help on a PJ

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BlacknWhite, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys just a quick question. I have a Squire VM Jag. It currently has two stacked volume/tone knobs for each pick up and a pick up selector. The pots are toast and only get sound when the volume knobs are on full and if you bump them you lose the sound from the pick up completely. I don't know much about wiring but I'm good at soldering and have a couple extra volume and tone pots. I was looking to keep it simple and just do one master volume and one master tone with the pick up selector. Is this possible and if so does anyone know where to get decent diagrams? I have been googling it and have not really found what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. BlacknWhite likes this.
  3. Killed_by_Death likes this.
  4. Just look up the wiring of Yamaha BB PJs (e.g. 424). They are wired exactly this way.

5. Fender's JP-90 is wired this way as well, but their drawing isn't so easy to read:

jp90-.