1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring Help: P J Hybrid

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Skhakis, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Skhakis

Skhakis

Mar 13, 2013
    Hey guys
    I need some help with a project I've undertaken. MIM Jazz Bass, stock. I've added a P pup I had lying around at the far neck position, looks rough but I'm not crazy for aesthetics.

I need help with the wiring schematic of this setup.

After much searching, I haven't found a schematic that has led to success, I was hoping you guys could help me out like you have before in the past.

Basically, I want a separate volume for each pup, one tone for the jazz pups, and a tone for the p pup.

Possibly 5 way switch, not really sure on that. Right now I just need help wiring this so that I could control each pup volume independently, each set of pickups with their own tone. I've moved the jack to the side to make room, so I have 4 holes to work with in the jack plate.

I have 2 250K vol pots, 1 500K pot, 1 no-load tone pot, stock 250K tone pot, 500K/500k dual concentric pot, mono jack, stereo jack at my disposal. Oh, and a 0.1 Vitamin Q tone capacitor, and a 0.47 Orange drop cap tone capacitor.

I included a picture to give you all an idea of how it sits currently, it's kind of sad. I'm at a loss, help me out here guys!

Hybrid.