1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring help VVJ(ack) content

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gidbass, Oct 4, 2013.

1. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Ok, my google fu must be lacking, because i tried to google for this, but never quite found what i was looking for, so i would appreciate any help.

I am trying to by pass the tone control on my bass. It is wired VVT, but the T is an EMG BTC that i don't really care for, and I don't have a tone pot that i can use, so i figured for now, i will just bypass it and wire directly to the jack.

The problem is, i am in over my head and not at all sure how i can do this. The bass runs two hum buckers (Spirit XT) and has two volumes that i want to wire directly to the jack.

I thought it was as simple as just removing the BTC, and connecting the wires to the lugs on the jack, but that doesn't seem to work.

If anyone has a simple wiring diagram they can share, i would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

2. It is that simple. You should be desoldering two wires and resoldering them together, and nowhere else.

3. gidbass

Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks for the response...I figured it was that simple....

I must have something else going on....

4. gidbass

Aug 5, 2009
    Not sure where or what the problem was, but I basically removed all the wires, started over from scratch and now it works.

Thanks line6man!