1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring help with Bartolini Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SaintMez, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SaintMez

SaintMez Commercial User

Jan 3, 2010
    Meridian, idaho
    Blood Brothers Guitars - Luthier, Porter Guitars - Contractor
    I have a Ibanez SR1306 that I want to change out the preamp. I'm swapping out the Vari-mid pre with a Bartolini NTMB 3 band preamp. Im wonering if anyone has done this swap before and can tell me which wires are what when it comes to the IBZ Lo-J6 pickups that this bass is equiped with. There are 3 wires: Red, white and a thick braided wire. I'm under the impression these are active pickups so I'm wondering which wire I need to attach to the + from the battery, which one I attach to the blend pot, and which one I ground. Any ideas? I just want to make sure I do this correctly.

2. crusie

crusie

Oct 19, 2009
    Djursland, Denmark
    a shot in the dark would be using the general rule ( don't kill me if I'm wrong) - red = hot white = jack/balance/volume - braided = ground

but I'm pretty sure you can google that information

3. SaintMez

SaintMez Commercial User

Jan 3, 2010
    Meridian, idaho
    Blood Brothers Guitars - Luthier, Porter Guitars - Contractor
    Thanks for the idea. I'll try it out. I can't find a whole lot of info on these pickups on the web. This bass is a '92 MIJ and they didn't use the LO-J6's for very long.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020