1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring help yadda

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eddododo, Jul 4, 2012.

1. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    My roscoe has a bartolini pre and p'ups; controls are
    Vol - Blend - mid(pushpull) - treble/bass(stack)

Is there any reason I couldn't simply change out the pots to make the blend a vol/vol instead?
    The idea being that I dont favor the whole 100%-of-one-pickup-always setup of blend..

Edit: I understand how id wire it I think; my question is more of 'is the preamp designed specifically for the knob config in barts'

2. Most preamps have only one input.

3. eddododo

Apr 7, 2010
    I get the impression I dont understand (grasp) the significance of the statement? I need to read (alot ) more, especially about active onboard.. But isnt a blend 2 volumes, and could I not replace it with a v/v, using the same wiring basically except combining the outgoing terminals rather than crossing each pickup to the opposite ground terminal?

4. A blend pot is traditionally wired as two volume pots in inverse parallel, on the same shaft.

You can wire the bass any way you want, as long as you end up with the one signal to feed into the preamp. Some like blends, some like multiple volumes, others like switches.

5. eddododo

Apr 7, 2010
    Thanks for babysitting me :)

6. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

It can easily be done I wire all my basses two volumes unles it's an active blend pot in the case of say Audere preamps but all Bart, Aguilar, EMG SD I wire two volumes. Yes you can...