1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theNecatoR, Jun 2, 2014.

1. theNecatoR

theNecatoR

Jun 23, 2012
    I think I have mentioned it, but I would like to build my own custom Jaguar with a P/J configuration.
    Besides Aesthetics and Pickups, the difference would be a S1 Potentiometer to do Series/Parallel with both Pickups (without having to add more switches) and a 3 Way Toggle switch to choose Pickups (à la Jazzmaster). The preamp I would like to install is an Aguilar OBP2-2 (Although Delano looks like a good alternative).
    I made this Wiring Diagram, I posted in the Jag Club and in the Luthiers Club, but if there is anyone in the general forum savvy and can take a look at it, it would be great:
    Slide1_zpsa2ccebe8.

2. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Why the extra tone/vol? Wouldn't tone and vol be taken care of through the pre?

3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Looks like they're for the when the preamp bypass is engaged.

4. theNecatoR

theNecatoR

Jun 23, 2012
    Exactly, just like in a normal Jaguar, I want a Master Tone and a Master Volume on the lower plate, and an active/passive on/off switch and Bass and Treble Boost/Cut rollers.

5. Bim1959

Bim1959

Apr 15, 2009
    Naples Florida
    Sales and electronic tech/piano tech: England Music Center - Clinton IA - now closed
    You need a stereo jack instead of a mono jack with the battery wired to the ring position otherwise your battery will be constantly draining.

And where's your volume for when the preamp is engaged?

6. theNecatoR

theNecatoR

Jun 23, 2012
    With the preamp engaged, the master volume continues working as the main volume, just like on normal Jaguars.
    And just like Fender active Jaguars, they use mono jacks.
    My main concern is between the S1 switch and both toggles, I don't know if they make sense.

7. theNecatoR

theNecatoR

Jun 23, 2012
    An updated version of it:

Slide1_zpsd6a9eb99.