Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bazzanderson, Feb 4, 2004.

1. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    TBers. I'm planning on wiring two humbuckers to one volume pot and one tone knob. Do I wire both hots on the humbuckers to one lead (middle) on the volume pot? or do I wire one hot to the middle lead and the other hot to the lead not wired to the tone? Please help!
    Thx,
    -Bazz-

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, all your hots should go to the same lug on the volume pot.

3. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks, David. ONe more question. I've got the second (neck) HB's hot soldered to the lug but it's soldered on top of the lug while the bridge wire goes through the lug hole on the Volume pot. The bridge pickup is working but no signal from the neck pickup. I assume I need to unsolder the neck pickup and make sure it goes through the lug hole as well, correct? your advice is GREATLY appreciated!
    -Bazz-

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    When you mean top of the lug, you don't mean grounded to the back of the pot do you? If so, that's probably your problem! Either way, yeah I'd unsolder and resolder making sure all hots go through the lug hole.

5. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks, David. That's exactly what I did. I unsoldered the hots and resoldered and that did the trick!
    Thx,
    -Bazz-