1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by E.J. T.N.T., Dec 10, 2006.

1. I have a p-j bass equipped with seymour duncan quarterpound pickups with two volume pots and a master tone.I want to install a push-pull pot the will serve as the volume for the p pickup and the push-pull function will enable me to operate the p pickup in series and parallel(Not series and parallel with the j pickup).There was a diagram on the fender site but it didn't make any sense because the pot and the pickups were different.I have already posted a similar thread but no one gave me a decent answer.If anyone can draw this or has a link for i'd be grateful.Right now i have my pickups wired like this www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/p-j_bass.html

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

try FAQ

3. I didn't find any help on the FAQs.Only for jazz basses.Nobody cares about precisions:crying: .Give me some help here!:help:

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

never done it and if I did I wouldn't remember how I did it so would have to do the footwork all over again.

Take ANY diagram with two seperate pups with two leads and a push/pull in series/parallel ( think of a P as two jazz pups with one output). You won't find a diagram with it done - unless someone draws it up for you.