1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring idea for series/parallel with coil split

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Nic., Mar 4, 2017.

1. Nic.

Nic.

Aug 28, 2009
    Singapore
    Hi guys, I'm upgrading my guitar and I wanted the option to test out series/parallel and single coil in the same instrument. Since I couldn't find the exact wiring I wanted online, I came up with a variation of the standard series/parallel wiring to add in an option for coil split (or tap). Let me know what you think!

_20170305_122645.JPG

P.s.: this is for my guitar, I'm pretty happy with my bass as it is. But I think this would be useful for bass too. If I ever change out the pickups on my bass to humbuckers (and to be honest I've been wanting to play with MM humbuckers for a while) this could be useful.

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hi Nic. Though this isn't my area of expertise, recently I thought about it for a future project. Did you check out the Guitar Wiring Site? Keep scrolling down that page for progressively more complex wiring schemes, then links to similar pages. Good luck.