Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wiring ideas...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Well, I've finally got all the parts for my hot rod, and I know how to wire everything in, but I'm not sure what order they should go in. After the pickup selector switch, I have a pre amp, a 4 band EQ, an effects unit, and the Master Volume/Tone controls. Coming out of the pickup, what should go first? Remember the EQ is bypassable, as is the pre and the effects.

No, I don't need a schematic or anything, I just need to know which order things should go in.

Rock on
    Eric

2. i would put them just how you said them...that or switch the eq with the effects...btw what effect unit are you putting in?

3. Oh, okay, thanks. I was just wondering if there would be sound quality issues by having the pre first, or the EQ last, or whatever.

I'm shoving in the guts of a Boss ODB-1. Then only troublw I'm having is trying to kepp the darn thing turned OFF. They automatically turn on when you plug in, and since it's always "plugged in" I can't get it to shut off and stop draining the battery.

I think I've figured it out, though. I de-soldered the jacks, and wired the contacts in directly. It seems to be working, I think.

Rock on
    Eric