1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring ideas...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Well, I've finally got all the parts for my hot rod, and I know how to wire everything in, but I'm not sure what order they should go in. After the pickup selector switch, I have a pre amp, a 4 band EQ, an effects unit, and the Master Volume/Tone controls. Coming out of the pickup, what should go first? Remember the EQ is bypassable, as is the pre and the effects.

No, I don't need a schematic or anything, I just need to know which order things should go in.

Rock on
    Eric

2. i would put them just how you said them...that or switch the eq with the effects...btw what effect unit are you putting in?

3. Oh, okay, thanks. I was just wondering if there would be sound quality issues by having the pre first, or the EQ last, or whatever.

I'm shoving in the guts of a Boss ODB-1. Then only troublw I'm having is trying to kepp the darn thing turned OFF. They automatically turn on when you plug in, and since it's always "plugged in" I can't get it to shut off and stop draining the battery.

I think I've figured it out, though. I de-soldered the jacks, and wired the contacts in directly. It seems to be working, I think.

Rock on
    Eric