1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wiring into a selector switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fender_mod, Mar 25, 2006.

1. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    when wiring pickups into a selector switch is it best to wire the pups into the pots first and then the outputs into the switch or the opposite? (i currently have the pups going into the selector swtich and then the pots) i have a neck pup thats a little thin and i think i need to reverse the phase but not sure if the wiring will work the same. but when i have my middle and bridge pickups on there is no problem. although im not sure this could be the cause either, i think i might need to get a higher resistance vol pot and change to a linear taper rather than an audio taper for the tone pot. i plan on making the volume and tone pot changes anways on all my pups but i think i might need to change the pup wiring to get the phase thing right. i can post a diagram of my current and alternate wirings if it can help someone to get my setup right.

2. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    come on, i know someone can answer this...