wiring mij jazz bass special

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Da Funk Docta, Feb 26, 2005.

1. I'm trying to fix a fender mij jazz bass special that is supposed to be wired vol/tone/tone/pickup selector switch. the problem, is that all the wires are missing from the pots. if anyone knows how to wire this bass, please help me out with a wiring diagram.
    if anyone else has any good ideas for a bass with 4 pot slots that would be easy to find a diagram for, please post any ideas or diagrams too.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

don't know that bass and the switch but you can go to pup sites with diagrams, like duncan, and likely locate your pot scheme or at least one with two volume and tone and wire by that till you find what you're looking for. Fender pup wires are typically black for ground and white for hot, they're actually interchangeable but you have to be consistent to keep from being out of phase. At least that will get you up and running.
  3. I think the 2nd tone is called a 'TBX' control & kind of mimics active electronics in the way it can cut both high- & low-end. I just saw a wiring diagram(for your exact bass) on some site a couple of days ago- can't remember where. But it's out there, & if I can find it, you can. Goooogle.
  4. mariner

Feb 18, 2005
    Front Royal, VA
    Have you tried Fender's site???
  5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland