1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wiring passive bartolinis into mim jazz bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 03Glx4mowagon, Sep 14, 2010.

1. 03Glx4mowagon

03Glx4mowagon

Sep 14, 2010
    hey folks... i need some help wiring passive barolinis into my mexican fender jazz bass.

coming from my original knobs i have a black and yellow wire for each pickup. both wires have copper-colored wires on the inside.

coming from my barolinis i have one black wire with two wires sticking out from the end, one copper-colored and the other silver-colored.

which goes with which? i don't want to wire it backwards... the diagram on the bart website doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

thanks!

2. Kalango

Kalango

May 9, 2005
    Brazil
    In your original wiring, one of the wires is soldered to the center lug of the volume pot. The inner (with silver colored insulation) wire goes there. The outer (copper) wire goes where the other wire was. Done.
    Edit: I am supposing the wires in your pickups are like the wires in all the two conductor barts I have seen.

3. 03Glx4mowagon

03Glx4mowagon

Sep 14, 2010
    by the "center lug of volume pot" you mean one of the loops that is on the side?

and by "the other one" do you mean the one that is just stuck to the bottom?

thanks a lot!

4. Kalango

Kalango

May 9, 2005
    Brazil
    Exactly.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021