Wiring Problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Justonedude, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Justonedude

Justonedude

Nov 6, 2018
    Hey guys, i need help wiring this cables, as you can tell by the pictures it´s a cheap active p-bass with poor quality pieces but it holds a special place on my heart since it was my 1st bass. So basically the wiring got torn apart and theres this 4 cables that got ripped off, i doesn´t seem like a hard wiring job, i just don´t really know where to rewire properly, so if you can help me out, i´d be grateful ehehe

Thanks and good jams

Attached Files:

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    See if this is any help.
    c4a7d780-a076-45d2-9e1b-48aad7f09751.gif

3. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Well that was helpful that they labeled the controls "V", "T" and "B"....the fourth control is obviously the pickup select/blend pot...

First thing I noticed is there's NO BATTERY. Preamps require battery power, and the output jack is used as a switch - the preamp is powered ON when a plug is inserted into the jack, and powered OFF when the plug (instrument cable or lead) is removed.

Just based on a quick look, referencing picture #6, it appears the output wires were broken off the output jack. Most likely the white wire is the preamp output, it should be wired to the output jack's tip terminal.

It also appears both pickups' ground (earth) wires are disconnected too.

4. Justonedude

Justonedude

Nov 6, 2018
    Thanks a lot for your time answering and the useful info, i´ll search a little more and hopefully make the wiring sucessfully.
    One more time thanks a lot a good jams :D