Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by funkmuffin, Oct 7, 2004.

1. funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Hi -- I've got a bass with a Bart 3-band, 18v preamp. Its wired up with a Bart piezo buffer, and the mags are 2 Bart X-series pups.

What I'm curious about is whether or not I can convert the regular pup blend pot to two individual volume pots with this configuration.

Then, I'll be curious as to if I can convert the mag-piezo blend into an independent volume for the piezo's...

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Never messed with any piezo wiring but there was a thread not too long ago "Radio shack piezo" (or something to that effect) that got a lot of response and seemed some people in there knew peizo's pretty well. You can do a search and probably find someone in there that you could PM and get what you need.

I've ditched my preamps but seemed, disregarding a piezo, you just had to run the yellow lead from the blend to a second volume with the NTMB. I had a buffer that came in a Bart/Tobias preamp once but got distortion with it and had to pull the buffer to clean it up.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You should be able to as a blend is really just two volume controls on one shaft... The piezo is buffered too so it should be able to have its own volume control and just strap them all together like one would a Jazz bass...albeit a three pickup Jazz bass.

Just keep the pot resistance values the same as with the blend-blend-volume set up.