wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by silent method, Apr 20, 2005.

1. hey guys I have a rather simple question

when I took the pg off of my pbass a black wire came loose and I cant figure out where it goes. I am fairly sure it is for grounding because now I have a anoying hum when the bass is plugged in but it goes away when i touch one of the metal knobs. so point is, where do i connect this black wire to?

2. I'm not really familiar with the grounding on the P Bass, the length of the black wire, or what it looks like under the pick guard so I may be of little help but... You could try and attach the wire to one of the screws that hold the pg in place so that the wire sits underneath the pg and is held in place.
  3. or is there any foil on the underside of the pg?
  4. there is foil on the entire inside of the cavity in the bass body, should i just connect it to that? or should i add some foil to the pg and go that route?
  5. no problem... :D

Hope one of them helps...good luck!
  6. yeah from looking over a few of those diagrams i am pretty sure it goes to the input jack, i'll try it when i get home from work, thanks again