1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wiring question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by H2ODog, Apr 20, 2009.

1. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    So for you guys that have a Demeter Compulator and have a dedicated power supply like the Trex Fuel Tank Mini, how do you use this power supply with the Compulator as the wires are not the same.

I would like to use the Fuel Tank and not use the power supply that came with the compulator as this defeats the purpose of having a dedicated power supply. I called Demeter and they don't have a wire that can connect both, radio Shack dosen't neither did GC.

Is there a source that makes an adapter for the cable or a different cable?

On the right you see the input of the Compulator and on the left the input of the Fuel Tank input.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      File size:
      58.7 KB
      Views:
  2. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Anyone?

3. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Look at One Spot. I'm not sure if they make the right one for what you're wanting, but they make all sorts of adapters like that.

4. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Thanks for the info. Looks like the Voodo Labs power supply comes with one of those connectors. Looks like i'll be selling my Fuel Tank.

5. Projectile

Projectile

Feb 5, 2009
    Seems a little drastic to sell the whole PSU just for an adapter. Why not just buy an adapter?

Scroll down to 3.5mm (1/8") Converter:

http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm

6. Make a lead.
    Buy the right jacks from smallbear or something and solder.
    Much cheaper option - and you won't need to destroy any power leads you already have.