1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring schematic for Peavey Fury VI

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sigurd, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    I have the preamp from a Peavey Fury VI going into a Brownsville with two J-style pickups. Knobs are volume/blend/low/mid/high. Each pickup has three leads coming off of it; a red, a white and a shield. I have a hot from one and a neutral from the other going to the blend knob. The remaining four (both shields and the other respective wire from each) are all joined at the jack. Is this correct? Where do I ground the battery? Sorry, I'm a newbie at this.

2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    These are from a Fury II. Hope they help.

IMG_9839.

IMG_9848.

3. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    Is that active or passive? On the board, the far left red wire, where is that going to?

4. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    It's active. The far left red wire goes to the battery. The middle red goes to the pup.

5. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    Right, but what about the Y under the electrical tape? The leftmost red wire on the board goes to the + on the battery and the hot to the pickup?

6. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    The leftmost red wire ( 9v + from battery) to the pup powers the circuit inside the pup. There will be 2 wires inside the grey shielded cable, hot out and ground.

7. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    Bump? I still haven't gotten it.:( Edited for more details.

8. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Figure it out yet?

9. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    No, I have not. Kinda been running out of time.

10. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Did you install a stereo jack into the bass? You need one of those to turn on the battery. So the ground end of the battery goes to the ring connection on the stereo jack. When you plug a mono plug into it, it shorts the ring connection to ground, and turns on your battery. Unplug it and you disconnect the power.

11. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    Alright, I'm back in action to try to get this thing happening. This is the jack I have. The ground wire from the bridge is connected to one of the shorter terminals.

1225101429a.

This is the main snafu. Right now, the red wire from one pickup and the white wire from the other pickup are connected to the blend pot. The remaining red, white and both shields are joined together. This is how it was when it was hooked to the humbuckers in the Peavey.

1225101428a.

What should happen is that the reds from each pickup get connected to the battery positive and the red 'power' wire from the preamp, correct? Then both whites go to the blend pot, and the shields get grounded, correct?

I'll have to get my better camera.

12. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    Nevermind, I figured it out. She's thumpin' now!