1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wiring stacked vol/tone

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fender_mod, Oct 23, 2006.

1. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    i wired my p/ups with individual vol/tone on stacked 500k/500k pots and a 1 meg resistor. i figured i would go 1 meg cuz the 500k pots would have more treble i would need to roll off if necessary. but its like my tone pot only has full blast treble or no tone and my volume just has full on or no volume at all.

to complicate this even worse for myself i have a series/parallel switch which only screws me up in figuring out the source of my problem.

i wired the vol/tone controls with the volume on the top set of lugs and the tone on the bottom and just had everything wired like seperate volume and tone pots. as far as the output from this stacked vol/tone is concerned with the series/parallel circuit the p/up output from the tone just goes into the other volume pot that it is in series/parallel with, just like any other circuit.

is the problem in the wiring of the stacked vol/tone or is it this connection to the other pot in the series parallel circuit? stew mac used to have a schematic for stacked vol/tone but they took it off the site. any help would really be appreciated.

2. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    okay so i did some searching and i think ive got the answer but with one more final question that needs answering. if found this schematic:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/2h_2v_2t_3w_phase.html

i chose this because i also have a selector switch in my bass and wiring into the p/ups first and then the selector switch ensures a working circuit, i tried this fliped around but encountered problems.

i figure this would explain how to wire stacked vol/tone, the only problem is that it leaves me with questions as to how to then wire something like that into a series/parallel switch like the one in this schematic:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265526&highlight=series+parallel

as you can see the imputs and outputs are different on the pot lugs so im not sure how to combine the two into a working circuit.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

see Dimento's Trouble-Shooting Guide in FAQ