Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wiring up a Westone Quantum

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Betyouaint, Feb 8, 2004.

1. I've been looking for a second bass that I can use and abuse and drag around with me in the back of the car. I managed to pick up an old Westone Quantum stick bass for £30 but it came in bits and I'm not sure how to put it all back together. There are a pair of twin MMK (musicman) pickups and three potentiometers for vol/tone. Does anyone know the correct configuration for the wiring? Are the MMK's original? There doesn't seem to be anywhere to fit a toggle switch and there isn't one provided in the bag-o-bits. I've tried a few guitar wiring links but can't seem to find anything suitable...
    :bawl:

2. I think the Quantum originally had twin guitar-style humbuckers like the EMG Selects on the Hohner B2A/Steinberger Spirit.

3. Yep, it has a pair of twin humbuckers. Should both sets be wired up in parallel to each other along their own individual volume controls and then through the tone knob after the common connection..? This would seem to me the most obvious way but that's not to say it's the correct way..?