Wisconsin Bassist Club chapter IV (to the 4th degree)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Aug 20, 2013.

1. NailDriver

NailDriver

Dec 27, 2008
    WI
    Keithwah- I just saw your post about Landric basses. Thanks! I'll have to check them out. More than I planned to spend, but maybe if I sell a kidney or something.......

2. Now that I have plenty of time to build stuff, I figured I should work on a bass I started a while back.

It is a 1 3/4" thick solid cherry body. I am doing the shaping right now... Here are some pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Cool! Please keep us posted. Its an interesting body shape. Do you have a head stock shape in mind?

4. Thanks. I am using a Warmoth neck I had from a previous build. I'll get a picture of the headstock later.

5. Build the neck too. I have faith in your woodworking abilities. ;)

6. Hey everyone. Band is practicing weekly, got a good drummer a few months ago and we are hoping to be in shape for some gigs by spring. For now I'm trying to mix the 23(!) songs we recorded while up north in July. Struggling with it a little bit.. there were 7 of us up there so there's an awful lot going on in these mixes. Plus I'm self taught and still pretty green.

Having fun with the music all around though!

7. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    I do understand as I'm saving up for mine. But I figure there are a fair amount of guys here with high end axes, and before people send their money off to New York City...(New York City?)...they might want to get a gander at these.

8. NailDriver

NailDriver

Dec 27, 2008
    WI
    New York City?!? Get a rope.

9. I_LIEK_BASE

I_LIEK_BASE

Feb 6, 2013
    Milwaukee
    Hey hey! Part IV!! Had a pretty awesome weekend! Played a show in Green Bay Thursday night with the great Pete Donnelly (of the Figgs) and went to Packers' game friday!

10. BearCave

BearCave Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Part IV!! Awesome!!

Looking forward to a run of 6 shows (starting Wednesday) in 5 days including opening for Walter Trout at Shank Hall this Thursday!!

11. Thanks for checking in guys! Great to hear from you. I believe that we are the 1st state group to make it to part IV. Couldn't have done it without all of you great active members. :cool::bassist:

12. My latest piece is ready for finish!

a8atu9u8.jpg

uzehe2ez.jpg

13. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Very nice!

14. Thanks!

If you are looking or know someone that is looking for a table like this, let me know. The maple one will be for sale as soon as its done.

15. VikingJedi

VikingJedi

Dec 22, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I love the legs on that! Great job!

16. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 11, 2005
    South Milwaukee , Wisconsin
    Gecko Leatherworks
    Wow. part 4.
    Checking in from South Milwaukee!!!

17. Thank you!!

18. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    At MKE flying to Cleavland then on to Ravenna till Thursday. Business training at division hq. Have a great week!

19. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    But Duke....it's Labor Day....and you're Laboring.....which is exactly what you are not supposed to do today! Safe travels and well....have a great Labor Day!

BTW, everybody else who is not Laboring with The Duke.....have a great Labor Day too!

I'm expecting lots of Harley gig pics from you guys in the Club. I lost two gigs thanks to my arm surgery, so I will need to live through yours this go round!

20. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Hey 'dere, I've been remiss in contributing the thread. I can't believe how long that list is!
    I am busy gearing up for 2 different shows with 2 different bands next week. The first is the house band for Chick Singer Night here in Madison. Lot's of fun but Lot's of work! 5 chicks doing 3 songs each so 18-20 tunes for a one off gig. We do this about 4 X a year. Milwaukee has one too, as does every major city in the US. Very interesting format- Google Chick Singer Night for deets. Our show is on 9/11.
    Then my Mt Horeb buddies and I play for the Grumpy Troll Brewfest here in town on 9/14. if the weather is good this is worth a road trip ( with a designated driver!). This year 20 regional breweries each brings a couple of the bestest and it is a judged event. Keithwah, this means you!
    Rock on!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021