Wisconsin Bassist Club chapter IV (to the 4th degree)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Aug 20, 2013.

1. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Thanks my brother
    Duke

2. So I posted a brief gig post in the Bass Humor and Gig section but thought I'd post something here too just for the sake of activity.

We played last Sat 2/20 at Wolf River Lodge and Bar in Fremont WI. The crowd was smallish but fun was had by all. Our guitarist's wife wasn't able to attend so we got only a few photos when I handed my phone to someone I trusted enough to catch a couple for us.

Just happy to be playing again...
    me 1.jpg

The group, nice venue and stage....
    group shot 2.jpg

3. dangevans

dangevans

Mar 26, 2014
    Checking in from Wisconsin Dells! 14910566_886437018138194_6874415055234053524_n.jpg

4. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    NAD
    My new practice amp
    Fender Rumble 40 19Lbs
    This is my2nd Fender Rumble
    Very impressive
    B11C83F1-FA0E-4A85-8989-874EADC059EA.jpeg Duke

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Sweet! I have been considering, off and on, the Rumble 100 12", 22 pounds. I totally don't need more amps but I am kind of fixated on that one. I have a "micro" rig but somehow just not having to connect amp to speaker - true plug and play - is appealing. Wish the power cord stored in it - so there is a cable to carry, the power cord. I was very surprised when I tried a Rumble in the music store, I really did not expect much. Only tried it because the rep urged me to. If not for being on a self-imposed gear moratorium, I'd get one.

Enjoy the new amp!

6. I have the Rumble 500 as my only amp, love it. Easy to transport weight at 36 lbs. And with the ext cab I have it's been very reliable and sounds great.

7. Thanks for checking in with us! :)

8. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    The Brookfield Jam Band meet this last Tuesday at 1:00pm
    A great group of guys for sure
    We did a little jamming, but more talking about our thoughts, what we are looking for going forward
    Dale’s home studio is excellent
    I will take some pictures on Tuesday and report back
    Kolache Bros first gig is March 27th in Denmark WI at Freebird’s bar 8-12
    Stay tuned
    Duke

Pedulla-Player likes this.
  9. So for those of you I've communicated with alot you know that we added a new member, Carmen, after the departure of a rather "difficult" member. We made the announcement a year ago and with all the virus chaos we've all been struggling to keep things going. We were able to play a few times over summer 2020 and have had just two so far in 2021. The crowds have been small but picking up a little.

I put together this slideshow over the weekend to celebrate Carmen's joining us and thought I'd share it here. I'm still getting the hang of the program to make a video like this but it came out OK.

Thought I'd post this here to keep some activity going in the WI bass player's club. We're all hoping to get more gigs going as the weather gets warmer I think.

10. mikew31

mikew31 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Superior, WI
    I saw this on FB over the weekend:) Great slideshow that really encapsulates the fun you guys have playing together.

In early April one of my bands will start getting together again to jam/rehearse. 3 out of the 4 will be fully vaccinated by that point so we'll feel comfortable getting together again. The fourth (rhythm guitar) will join us as soon as he feels ready. It will be fun to play with other people again. I may have to actually pick up a bass again sometime before that to knock a little rust off:D

Pedulla-Player and Turtle71 like this.
  11. Thanks for checking it out Mike, glad it came off as a good representation of the band. It was my first time trying to combine vid and photo clips with a separate audio so some "choice" words were needed on my part. :roflmao:

The rust gathers quickly, hope all goes well getting back in the saddle again. :thumbsup:

Pedulla-Player and mikew31 like this.
  12. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Very cool
    Between the three(3) bands I play in we have 17 gigs on the calendar so far starting on March 27
    I hope to post pictures from the gigs and my Jam band in Meskego
    Duke

13. Door County Bass

Door County Bass DC EMT 663 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Nice job with the slide show. Please post more.
    I’m in the same kind of trio (bass, guitar/vocal and cajon). Our first gig was canceled because of COVID-19 one day before we were to play. Very disappointing. However, we had two rehearsals this past week to knock the rust off. Looking forward to getting in front of a live audience.

14. Cool to hear about another band with this lineup. The cajon certainly brings out some curious looks. What kind of stuff are you playing? I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks too for watching!

Pedulla-Player and theduke1 like this.
  15. Door County Bass

Door County Bass DC EMT 663 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Wisconsin
    We play some old, old old blues (Brownie McGee, Robert Johnson, etc.), Western swing (Asleep At The Wheel), Elvis, Creedence, Lovin’ Spoonful, Johnny Cash, etc.
    We are all over the place.

16. Yes, we sprinkle some odd stuff in too, just for fun! Share your stuff here too, would love to see it.

17. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    B3C65610-4C85-40B1-B93E-2D35A93E0290.jpeg 2867F620-8E4E-4BA9-81E3-05718A04DE19.jpeg 15886703-528E-4FA7-A4B4-789EC54A8BBE.jpeg F41C2E02-59DB-4B1A-AA94-DF959434297E.jpeg The Brookfield Jam Band today Dale on drums, Lon on Keys, John on Guitar
    Duke

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  18. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Things are starting to open up between the three bands I play in starting on March 27 we have 18 gigs booked this year into October
    I will try to do a better job of posting gig reports
    All while playing with the Brookfield Jam Band, the praise Team, and looking for a house to buy
    Remember folks choose to be happy cause every breath is a gift!
    Duke

19. Well, Coperhead2 was supposed to record a demo down in Sheboygan at my good buddy's studio (Black River Productions L.L.C.) this Saturday, but the singer had a sore throat so we had to cancel. I went down there anyways because I figured that I'd hang out and do some jamming with my old friend and check out the new renovations that he made to the studio. He called up a drummer friend of his and we did some improv jamming and came up with an interesting jam in the process. I never met the guy before, but he turned out to be one heck of a drummer and a real cool guy to boot. We had a lot of fun to say the least. I'll share a video of the jam that we came up with and within the next week or so I'll probably download some bits and pieces of some of the improv jams that we did and share them here as well. For those of you who take the time to check out the video - Thanks! We appreciate it. By the way, the audio was straight from the sound room with no mixing yet whatsoever. There were a few mistakes, but it was late in the day and I had a long drive to get home. ;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  20. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Pretty cool
    Duke

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021